Saturday, September 6, 2008

CINEMA SQUARED IS NOT DEAD...

...and as such, perhaps it is not the best place to be airing what I intend to be an ONSLAUGHT of political posts. The cinema is important to me--it deserves its own space. But even more important is the future of our country. As that hangs in the balance, I may not be writing quite as much about movies and such...for the time being, I know what kind of work I need to be doing.

With that in mind, I am taking my dog and pony show over to the iKonoclast, run by the Magnificent K. I am stepping in as a contributor not because she needs my help (as evidenced by here latest, stellar post, Obama/Biden: The Ticket of "Us", featuring an incredible video that everyone in the country needs to see), but because she was gracious enough to have me. I have a lot to say about this Most Important Election in Our History--I want to make sure it is in the most appropriate venue. the iKonoclast is that venue.

Do not abandon Cinema Squared. There will always be reviews, box office and business info, and stimulating film discussion herein. But never fail to stop by the iKonoclast, which will continue to be the home of K McKiernan's brilliant political analysis....and now J McKiernan's...hopefully equally brilliant ranting.

So, in getting back to the typical Cinema Squared topic of conversation--powerful moments captured on film or video--check this video out...


1 comment:

Bob Keller said...

Just checking into let you know you are not forgotten.

I finally saw Nim's Island (on DVD) this weekend. I don't believe you ever posted a review, but I believe you did post a sentence or two that were rather negative. It is a light piece of fluff, but I thought it was better than the general conseensus of reviews out there.

Stay well, keep your blood pressure down (during this election season) and visit the theaters often.....